With dietary supplements coming under growing scrutiny in recent years, it has become increasingly important for companies in the industry to build relationships with state attorneys general before they find themselves the subject of an investigation or lawsuit.
In this SupplySide West podcast, Josh Long, legal and regulatory editor, and former U.S. senator Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas), discuss:
- Specific areas, such as advertising, where the state attorneys general may target the supplement industry;
- Strategies for, and advantages of, building relationships with attorneys general and their staffs;
- States that have shown an interest in investigating the industry;
- Political ramifications facing state AGs;
- And the gridlock in Congress.
On Oct. 5, during SupplySide West 2016 in Las Vegas, legal experts—including two former state attorneys general from Arkansas and Maryland—will join a workshop underwritten by the law firm Venable LLP discussing the role of attorneys general in policing the dietary supplement industry. Don’t forget to register for the “WORKSHOP: State Attorneys General: Communication & Mitigation Strategies.”
Links and Resources: