The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) announced is has welcomed 15 companies as new members in 2014. The association also welcomed 13 AHPA Affiliate under a new strategic partnership program designed to increase collaboration among organizations that promote the responsible commerce of herbal products and dietary supplements. The new members represent diverse sectors of the botanical industry, including herbal ingredient suppliers, contract manufacturers and companies pioneering the medicinal cannabis industry.
"AHPA is proud to represent these companies from the many different sectors of the herbal trade," said AHPA president Michael McGuffin. "The association's growing and diverse membership helps broaden AHPA's expertise and enables the association to effectively act as the voice of the herbal products industry."
The affiliate program includes entities that perform functions and provide services to botanical and supplement companies and organizations. The four types of AHPA Affiliates include: standard setting organizations, educational institutions, professional associations and citizen advocacy groups.
The AHPA Affiliates are:
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM)
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- American Herbalists Guild (AHG)
- American Herbal Pharmacopoeia (AHP)
- Bastyr University
- Citizens for Health
- HPTLC Association
- Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH)
- National College of Natural Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago/NIH Botanical Center
- University of Massachusetts, Medicinal Plants Program
- University of Mississippi, National Center for Natural Products Research (NCNPR)
- U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP)
"These organizations were invited to become AHPA Affiliates because they have a long track record of providing valuable contributions to the herbal product and supplement industries," McGuffin said. "AHPA welcomes the experience, expertise and knowledge that these affiliates contribute to the association."
The new AHPA members are:
- Best Life PharmaNaturals
- Coffman's Metals
- DiMaggio Spierer, PLLC
- DMH Ingredients, Inc.
- Deep Plus
- Kuumba Made
- Galen's Way
- Jacobs Compliance Services
- Joy's Quality Management Systems
- Midwest Herb Company
- Next Pharmaceuticals
- Teeter Creek Herbs
- U-Med Center
For a complete list of AHPA member companies, visit the AHPA online member directory.