SupplySide West trends: Gut microbiome, cognitive health, fruit – podcastSupplySide West trends: Gut microbiome, cognitive health, fruit – podcast
Ingredients supporting cognitive health, various fruits and gut microbiome research are among the trends noted at SupplySide West 2019.
Efficacious ingredients, human clinical research and product differentiation are all vital components of natural products success. They were also widely on display at SupplySide West 2019. In this podcast, Karen Butler, senior editor, INSIDER, joins content director Sandy Almendarez to discuss these and other trends Butler noticed in Las Vegas, October 15-19. Among the key topics:
• From functional ingredients to dietary supplement capsule colors, the rainbow is often nature’s nod to healthy constituents—and a visible way to differentiate products.
• Boasting constituents such as polyphenols, antioxidants, flavonoids, anthocyanins, vitamins and other proponents of well-being, fruits—in many formats—were a highly visible ingredient at exhibitors’ booths.
• Prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics continue to capture consumer interest. Clinical research is advancing with the market, facilitating the development of targeted formulations in niches spanning areas of interest related to digestion, cognition, children, oral health, immunity, skin and more.
• Nootropics are all the rage, offering potential benefits to young egamers, college students, career professionals, senior retirees and everyone in between. Some of the cognitive health ingredients on display included pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ), bacopa and other botanicals, and tea extracts.
• Among the professionals and companies mentioned are: Dr. David Heber (UCLA), Jennifer Cooper (Savant Science), Dr. Katie Stage (Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine [SCNM]), Lonza, Clever Fruit Products, Ingredients by Nature, Paradise Fruits, DuPont, Kerry, IDF, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes, Diana Food, Kaneka, Bio PQQ, Cognitive Clarity and more.
Butler can be reached at [email protected].
SupplySide West trends: ‘More health for more people’ beyond nutrition – podcast
Best digestive health product finalists for 2019 NEXTY Awards at SupplySide West
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
The rise of ashwagandha: A case study in a growing and evolving category – articleNov 28, 2023
Ashwagandha: Roots for wellness, leaves for soil – articleNov 28, 2023
Creatine, whey protein, beta-alanine among picks in NFL-style draft at SupplySide WestDec 01, 2023
Unleash the power of ‘combos’ supplements to meet consumer demand – infographicNov 22, 2023