At SupplySide West 2019, the great minds of the health and nutrition industry gathered to discuss large concerns that affect all businesses in this space. Heather Granato, vice president of content, health and nutrition, Informa Markets, which hosts SupplySide West and publishes Natural Products INSIDER, was onsite to cover these macro issues. In this podcast with content director Sandy Almendarez, Granato discusses:
- How to incorporate more diversity and inclusion into the industry.
- Climate change’s effects on ingredient supply chains.
- Biotechnology’s usefulness, and the best way to communicate its use to consumers.
- The launch of Food Ingredients North America, which was in conjunction with SupplySide West.
- The value of industry veteran “Rock Stars” connecting with and mentoring new industry members.
- Competitors working together to find better packaging solutions.