It’s no secret that the INSIDER and its sister site newhope.com produce the best content for health and nutrition brands that create innovative, healthy nutrition products. But it always feels good to get confirmation of our outstanding work.
INSIDER and New Hope was nominated in five categories of the 2018 Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards:
- Full issue in the Business to business (B2B) Retail/Product Development category: Natural Products INSIDER Sept/Oct 2017
- B2B newsletter: New Hope Network’s Show Scoop
- B2B podcast: INSIDER’s SupplySide West 2017 Top Takeaways Series
- B2B range of work by a single author: Steve Myers, senior editor, Natural Products INSIDER
- B2B Website Retail/Product Development category: newhope.com
The Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards recognize benchmarking excellence in editorial and design in the publishing community. Each year, over 2,000 entries compete to take home the gold across 200 categories.
If you missed any these INSIDER and New Hope pieces, don’t worry! I have them listed so you can revisit this award-nominated content.
INSIDER’s September/October 2017 print issue covered a range of topics important to marketers, manufacturers and formulators of health and nutrition products. These articles focused on the application of science-based ingredients that drive innovative and compliant products for the global consumer market. As official media for SupplySide West, the world's largest trade show of professionals in the health and nutrition marketplace, INSIDER’s September/October 2017 issue previewed the September event. Throughout the magazine, INSIDER noted the educational offerings at SupplySide West that align with the content of the articles. In addition, the September/October print issue had a SupplySide West Preview section (starting on page 100) that teased the upcoming live content. In this section, speakers wrote one-page articles addressing the topic they will cover at the live event, and INSIDER include callouts with information on where the event is and how to register, including a QR code to online registration.
New Hope Network’s Show Scoop
The New Hope Network’s Show Scoop newsletter is a limited-run email that serves both attendees and exhibitors of New Hope’s largest trade shows, such as Natural Products Expo West and Expo East. The run is the month before and the month of the events. This newsletter engages New Hope’s large trade show audience with the latest information of the healthy lifestyle products industry. Sign up to this enewsletter here.
INSIDER’s SupplySide West 2017 Top Takeaways Podcast Series
The Healthy INSIDER Podcast is a platform aimed at providing insight from thought leaders in the industry on key initiatives, challenges, news and trends impacting the global market for natural products. As the producers of and official media for SupplySide West, INSIDER’s editorial team is uniquely positioned to uncover the top trends and ingredients that will drive the market forward. In this series of podcasts, Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, discusses with the INSIDER editors the top trends from SupplySide West.
- Global Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Heather Granato, vice president of content, health and nutrition network
- Food & Beverage Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Judie Bizzozero, editor, Food Insider Journal
- Legal & Regulatory Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Josh Long, legal and regulatory editor
- Sports Nutrition Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Steve Myers, senior editor
- Supplement Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Rachel Adams, managing editor
- Product Trends at SupplySide West 2017 with Karen Butler, senior editor
Range of work by Steve Myers, senior editor
Since 2004, Steve Myers has served as INSIDER senior writer and editor; his breadth of experience covering the nutrition products industry makes him an invaluable resource on topics ranging from ingredient science and regulatory oversight to financial market shifts and breaking news. He has also taken the lead in the sports nutrition category, a controversial segment of the industry, with coverage that has led to meaningful regulatory change.
A sampling of Myers’ recent work:
- Hi-Tech’s Supplier Among Chinese Companies, Employees Indicted for Mislabeled DMAA Shipments
- FDA Changes Position on Creatine Nitrate
- Is JAMA Meta-Analysis Finding No Fracture Risk Benefit from Vitamin D, Calcium the Final Word?
- FDA to Healthcare Pros: Tainted Products Are Illegal Drugs, Not Dietary Supplements
- FDA, Industry Struggle to Deal with SARMs, DMAA and Other Controversial Ingredients
- SupplySide West Podcast: Active Consumers Blend Sports and Mainstream Nutrition
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast: The SARMs Conundrum
The New Hope Network is at the forefront of the healthy lifestyle products industry. With solutions for the complete supply chain from manufacturers, retailers/distributors, service providers and ingredient suppliers, newhope.com offers a portfolio of content, data, research and consultative services. Through its mission to grow healthy markets, the New Hope Network helps businesses identify the people, products, partnerships and trends that create opportunities to grow businesses and bring more health to people.
Please join me in congratulating the INSIDER and New Hope content team. I am thrilled that Folio: is recognizing these great content pieces.
The winners will be announced on Oct. 9, 2018 at Folio: Awards Gala to in New York. You can find the full list of finalists here: https://www.foliomag.com/go/2018-eddie-and-ozzie-awards.