Like elsewhere in the health and nutrition industry, sports performance researchers are looking to cannabidiol (CBD) to uncover new athletic benefits. Science is also starting to look at how natural ingredients affect women specifically rather than the traditional “pink it and shrink it” approach. Steve Myers, senior editor, INSIDER, discusses these and other sports nutrition trends with Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, during the SupplySide West 2018 tradeshow in Las Vegas. They cover:
- The keto diet’s role in sports nutrition, and products that are serving the keto athlete
- The emergence and dominance of plant-based nutrition in sports nutrition and other health categories.
- Partnerships among prominent companies in the health and nutrition space that are creating better ingredients for consumer health.
Check out other SupplySide West 2018 Trends Podcasts:
- SupplySide West podcast: Global trends impacting the supply chain
- SupplySide West podcast: Accessibility and inclusion drive innovation
Got feedback? Email Sandy at Sandy.Almendarez@informa.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast