Artificial intelligence (AI) may bring to mind images from science fiction movies and learning computers. However, in the last few years, multi-neural networks have been actively put to work in recognizing data, exponentially expanding the potential of technology to augment human investigations into ways to improve health and lifespan. In the lead-in to SupplySide West, Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Alex Zhavoronkov, Ph.D., CEO of Insilico Medicine (insilico.com), about the evolution of AI, and how the technology is being specifically applied to investigate new ingredients that could beneficially impact the aging process, opening up new avenues for product development.
Key points of this podcast include:
• How AI is helping identify biomarkers of aging that can change the types of products companies develop.
• Understanding “geroprotectors”—particular compounds that impact lifespan and healthspan, and what formulators could do with these types of ingredients.
• The ways that AI is taking the current state of personalized nutrition into the future by expanding the options available to product developers.
Links and Resources:
• Alex Zhavoronkov, Ph.D., will be speaking on the SupplySide Central stage on Friday, Nov. 9, from 11:30 a.m. to noon. SupplySide Central is located in the expo hall, and the sessions are free to all participants.
• Healthy aging is going beyond the older population, as consumers of all ages are looking for solutions to help them pursue healthy lives across the continuum. Learn more about ingredient solutions and marketing opportunities in the INSIDER Digital Magazine “Healthy Aging: Optimizing Life with Supplements and Nutrition.”
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like