Communicating the science supporting the benefits of natural ingredients for health isn’t an easy task. Instant access to large amounts of information via the internet can be helpful to consumers, but can also be overwhelming or, sometimes, inaccurate. Working with dieticians can help supplement brand owners, including those in the omega-3 category, communicate the science behind their ingredients effectively to consumers.
Rachel Adams, managing editor, and Elana Natker, MS, RD, discuss:
- The role of dietitians as influencers to consumers;
- How brands can work with dietitians to educate consumers on ingredients and ingredient science; and
- Regulatory considerations when working with influencers.
Learn more about the role of dieticians as influencers from Natker at the GOED Exchange 2018, Feb. 6 to 8, in Seattle.
Links and Resources:
- GOED Exchange 2018
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 141: Omega-3 Functional Food Market Trends
- SupplySide West Podcast 75: Omega-3 Market’s Decade of Growth
- Omega-3s Continue Gaining Ground