SupplySide West podcast: Using blockchain to drive positive change from farm to brandSupplySide West podcast: Using blockchain to drive positive change from farm to brand
What technology solutions are offering brands and farmers to support regenerative agriculture
The supply chain is becoming more connected and technology is driving transparency into the sourcing process. New solutions around blockchain are among those that can connect brands with their primary suppliers—even back to the farm—to create tangible, verifiable impacts. In the lead-in to SupplySide West, Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Christian Shearer, co-founder of Regen Network and partner at Terra Genesis, about blockchain technology and its potential in transforming supply chains.
Key points of this podcast include:
• How Regen Network is helping companies become active participants in addressing climate change and global warming by championing regenerative agriculture.
• What steps brands can take to impact the supply chain through the use of blockchain to measure, track and reward specific outcomes from farmers.
• Issues around data privacy and intellectual property protection—and what organizations like Regen Network are doing to ensure users retain ownership of their data.
Links and Resources:
• Todd Runestad, senior editor of INSIDER, talks with Thom King, CEO of Icon Foods, about the future of traceability and transparency—and the solution that blockchain provides.
• Interested in hearing more on this topic? Join Christian Shearer and other experts in the session “How Blockchain & Related Technology Is Transforming the Supply Chain” at SupplySide West on Wednesday, Nov. 7, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like