In a market with an increasing interest in transparency, technology solutions are now coming to the fore to help streamline the supply chain. Whether they’re using blockchain or other tech, companies are looking for ways to bring the dietary supplement industry to another level. In the lead-in to SupplySide West, Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Skye Lininger, president of dietary supplements at TraceGains (tracegains.com), about the opportunities ahead to use technology to improve communication across the industry, while being mindful of concerns about data protection and privacy, as well as the recent acquisition of the Vitature platform and what that could mean to supply chain buy-in.
Key points of this podcast include:
- Exploring the phases of how technology has been used to improve communication in the supply chain.
- How technology is providing solutions to “pain points” among manufacturers of dietary supplements.
- The ways that technology will improve regulatory compliance and, ultimately, product quality.
Links and Resources:
- Skye Lininger, president of dietary supplements at TraceGains, is among the speakers at the workshop, “How Blockchain & Related Technology Is Transforming the Supply Chain,” on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at SupplySide West.
- Various technologies hold the potential to impact the dietary supplement industry, potentially helping develop applications such as personalized food and supplement products.