Subscribe and receive the latest insights on the health and nutrition industry.
Join 37,000+ members. Yes, it's completely free.
While the idea of “organic” has been codified at the federal level in the United States since the early 1990s, the concept of organic agriculture in the U.S. dates back to the 1940s with the founder of the Rodale Institute. Today, consumers and brands are looking to get back to the original concepts that were based around a regenerative process. In the lead-in to SupplySide West, Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Jeff Moyer, executive director of The Rodale Institute (rodaleinstitute.org), about organic and regenerative agriculture, and the ways brands can deliver truly healthy products to their consumers.
Key points of this podcast include:
• Understanding the connection between the concepts of organic and regenerative, and how they can incrementally benefit consumer health.
• How certifications and education can help consumers make proactive choices that will benefit their own health and the health of the planet.
• What steps brands can take to make powerful choices in their ingredient selection and go-to-market strategies to support farmers producing in organic and regenerative ways.
Links and Resources:
• Jeff Moyer will be speaking during The Regenerative Agriculture Forum at Expo East on Thursday, Sept. 13. The session, sponsored by General Mills, will explore questions, challenges and opportunities in regenerative ag.
• Esca Bona at SupplySide West is designed to engage and serve companies working to create a good food system that is regenerative, nourishing and accessible to all. Annie Brown of Rodale Institute will speak on Thursday, Nov. 8, at 1:30 p.m. in the Esca Bona Pavilion.
• Regenerative agriculture was the topic of a small group discussion at Expo West 2018. Short form videos showcase the discussion addressing topics such as how regenerative agriculture can be scale-able, the role brands play in supporting farmers, and how to build infrastructure to enable this shift.
vice president, content, Informa Markets, Food EMEA division
Heather Granato is a 25-year veteran of the natural products industry, currently serving as the Vice President, Content, in Informa Exhibitions’ Global Health & Nutrition Network. She has been a presenter at events including SupplySide, Vitafoods, Natural Products Expo, the Natural Gourmet Show and the Folio: Show. Her publishing experience includes Natural Products INSIDER, Food Product Design, Country Living's Healthy Living, Natural Foods Merchandiser, Delicious Magazine and WomenOf.com. She was named a 2015 Top Woman in Media by Folio:; received the 2014 Visionary Award from the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA); and was awarded the CEO Merit Award for Content from Informa in 2014. Granato graduated magna cum laude from the University of Richmond, Virginia, in 1992 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism; she currently serves as a national vice president for Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity.
You May Also Like
Dr. Mercola allegedly plans to introduce psychic advisor to followersMar 1, 2024
The Vitamin Shoppe general counsel criticizes NY age-restriction lawMar 1, 2024
Is kratom a safe life-giver or a dangerous life-taker?Mar 1, 2024
Patents can offer supplement brands competitive advantageMar 1, 2024