Companies are seeking greater transparency through the supply chain, with ingredient buyers looking to truly understand where their ingredients are sourced and produced. In June 2018, Heather Granato, vice president of content, took part in IngredientsOnline.com’s inaugural Technology & Transparency Tour. While on the ground visiting five different primary suppliers, she chatted with fellow travelers from companies including ADH Health, Cott Beverage Solutions, Innophos, the National Animal Supplement Council, NOW Foods, Promotion in Motion, Shaklee and Threshold.
Key points of this podcast include:
- How increased transparency is helping companies ensure compliance with international and national regulations.
- What Chinese suppliers are doing to make their audit information, sourcing steps and production techniques more transparent.
- The importance of an on-the-ground experience to building relationships, as well as practicing “trust but verify.”
Links and Resources:
- Heather’s original thoughts on the suppliers and learnings can be found here (https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/supply-chain/exploring-technology-transparency-china).
- The first podcast, “Exploring Technology & Transparency”, focused on the technology that is helping to transform the supply chain.