Subscribe and receive the latest insights on the health and nutrition industry.
Join 37,000+ members. Yes, it's completely free.
Supplements take many forms, and senior editor Todd Runestad takes many supplements. In this podcast, he and Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, explore Expo West 2019 trends such as CBD/hemp, the microbiome, functional ingredients and wellness shots.
Few topics were as celebrated at Natural Products Expo West 2019 as cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp. Senior editor and supplements guru Todd Runestad hosted the all-day, standing-room-only Natural Products Hemp & CBD Summit March 5 at the event. In this episode of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, he and Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, discuss CBD and hemp, as well as other trends from the show floor. Some of the talking points cover the:
• versatility and disruptive nature of CBD and hemp ingredients, as well as their potential future.
• endocannabinoid system as a point of interest, and the development of targeted ingredients and products without CBD.
• benefits and potential advantages of using branded ingredients.
• microbiome and how prebiotic and postbiotic offerings are rounding out already-popularized probiotics
Some of the companies and brands highlighted include: Winged, Honey Drop, RE Botanicals, Kanabia, Gencor, Lonza, PLT Health Solutions, Emerald Health Bioceuticals, For the Biome, Probulin, Country Life, Ganeden (Kerry), Stonyfield, Lumen and Navitas.
VP of Content, Informa
• Well-known subject matter expert within the health & nutrition industry with more than 15 years’ experience reporting on natural products.
• She cares a lot about how healthy products are made, where their ingredients are sourced and how they affect human health.
• She knows that it’s the people behind the businesses — their motivations, feelings and emotions — drive industry growth, so that’s where she looks for content opportunities.
Sandy Almendarez is VP of Content for SupplySide and an award-winning journalist. She oversees the editorial and content marketing teams for the B2B media brands Natural Products Insider and Food and Beverage Insider, the education programming for the health and nutrition trade shows SupplySide East and SupplySide West, and community engagement across the SupplySide portfolio. She is a seasoned content strategist with a passion for health, good nutrition, sustainability and inclusion. With over 15 years of experience in the health and nutrition industry, Sandy brings a wealth of knowledge to her role as a content-focused business leader. With specialization in topics ranging from product development to content engagement, creative marketing and c-suite decision making, her work is known for its engaging style and its relevance for business leaders in the health and nutrition industry.
In her free time, Sandy loves running, drinking hot tea and watching her two kids grow up. She brews her own “Sandbucha” homemade kombucha; she’s happy to share if you’re ever in Phoenix!
Arizona State University
You May Also Like
Dr. Mercola allegedly plans to introduce psychic advisor to followersMar 1, 2024
The Vitamin Shoppe general counsel criticizes NY age-restriction lawMar 1, 2024
Is kratom a safe life-giver or a dangerous life-taker?Mar 1, 2024
Patents can offer supplement brands competitive advantageMar 1, 2024