Stress takes a toll on the body, whether caused by the dailies of life, a traumatic experience, an illness or even an intense workout. Traditionally used to support overall well-being, adaptogens help normalize the body's processes—which in turn, can help decrease the effects of stress. Research into herbs such as ginseng, holy basil, astragalus and ashwagandha continues to uncover additional opportunities for adaptogens in areas ranging from weight management and adrenal function to sexual health.
Table of Contents
- Adaptogens for Stamina, Strength and Stress
- All About Ashwagandha
- Adaptogens for Adrenal Fatigue: Using Herbs to Balance the Effects of Long-Term Stress
Takeaways for Your Business
- Research suggests antimicrobial-rich holy basil, applied topically, could aid skin conditions.
- Newer formats of ashwagandha allow inclusion in beverages, bars, powders and chewables.
- Adaptogenic herbs may bring a more systemic balance to underlying fatigue issues than drugs.