Subscribe and receive the latest insights on the health and nutrition industry.
Join 37,000+ members. Yes, it's completely free.
For many brands, Amazon is the 800-pound gorilla—a channel that could boost your product to great consumer success, or prove a distraction that pulls attention from established distribution. What it can’t be is ignored. In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Chris Rawlings, founder of Sophie Society (formerly Judolaunch), discusses how to take advantage of the real estate that is your Amazon product listing. Understand the impact that images, descriptions, SEO and reviews have on brand success is the first step toward achieving it. Chris will be presenting at SupplySide West in Las Vegas on the SupplySide Central Stage; his talk, “Formulas for the Perfect Product Listing on Amazon,” takes place Friday, Oct. 18, at 10:30 a.m.
In this podcast, Rawlings and Informa’s Heather Granato discuss:
• The unique requirements to keep in mind when writing copy for Amazon listings and how it differs from straight marketing and packaging copy.
• Differences between reviews and seller feedback, and the best ways to engage with customers, even utilizing tech solutions to ease the process.
• Ways to avoid counterfeit competition and protect your brand.
Got feedback? Email Heather at [email protected] or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast
Links and Resources:
• Get registered for SupplySide West and make plans to see Chris Rawlings speak at SupplySide Central on Friday, Oct. 18, at 10:30 a.m.
• Product reviews are a great sales tool—and a way to attract FTC attention. Get some insights on lessons learned in the INSIDER Law post from Josh Long: FTC said supplement marketer paid for fake reviews on Amazon
• Looking for more on optimizing SEO for your brand? New Hope Network offers What’s the difference between Amazon SEO and Google SEO?
Feature photo credit: Evan Lorne / Shutterstock.com
vice president, content, Informa Markets, Food EMEA division
Heather Granato is a 25-year veteran of the natural products industry, currently serving as the Vice President, Content, in Informa Exhibitions’ Global Health & Nutrition Network. She has been a presenter at events including SupplySide, Vitafoods, Natural Products Expo, the Natural Gourmet Show and the Folio: Show. Her publishing experience includes Natural Products INSIDER, Food Product Design, Country Living's Healthy Living, Natural Foods Merchandiser, Delicious Magazine and WomenOf.com. She was named a 2015 Top Woman in Media by Folio:; received the 2014 Visionary Award from the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA); and was awarded the CEO Merit Award for Content from Informa in 2014. Granato graduated magna cum laude from the University of Richmond, Virginia, in 1992 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism; she currently serves as a national vice president for Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity.
You May Also Like
Here's why creatine sales are surging this past yearFeb 21, 2024
DSHEA's 25th anniversary: Industry vets, critics respondFeb 21, 2024
The Month in 2: Sports – videoFeb 21, 2024
Tianeptine sales spur another FDA warning, action by state lawmakersFeb 20, 2024