Many health and nutrition product consumers have turned to online shopping for convenience, but they are missing out on the important education that a brick and mortar natural product store offers, according to Jim Emme, CEO, Now Health Group. In this podcast, Emme discusses the importance of retail stores, but also the growing market need to sell products online with Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER. They cover:
- Why natural products brands should have standards for the type of retail outlets that sell their products.
- Why NOW Foods sells its products on Amazon, despite rejecting the idea for years.
- The realities of brands that wish to stay away from online retailing; they likely won’t have a choice to limit their sales to only brick and mortar stores.
Editor’s note: This podcast was recorded before Amazon announced its plans to buy Whole Foods Market.
This podcast was recorded in Santa Fe, New Mexico, as part of the annual United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA) member retreat.
- Hear Almendarez’s wrap up of the event in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 74: Supplement Ruminations in Santa Fe.
- Hear a podcast with UNPA member retreat speaker Peter Reinecke, principal, Reinecke Strategy Solutions in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 80: Expectations in the New U.S. Political Climate.
- Hear a podcast with UNPA member retreat Speaker Jim Thomas, program manager, Etc. Group in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 81: Synthetic DNA Labeled as ‘Natural’
- Hear Brian Frisby, general manager, KGK Compliance Advisors, discuss new dietary ingredients (NDIs) in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 89: NDIs Likely to be Finalized this Year
- And hear UNPA’s vice president of global regulatory and compliance Larissa Pavlick discuss FSMA and industry quality initiatives in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 91: FSMA’s Requirement for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual