The supply chain for botanical ingredients used in dietary supplements is uniquely complex due to harvesting variations and finite resources, yet consumers—and law makers—are increasingly demanding sourcing transparency. DreamWeaver, a technology solutions company, along with botanical experts including Trish Flaster, executive director, Botanical Liaisons, developed a path that may help brands track their supply chain. In this podcast, Trinanjan (TJ) Gupta, founder and managing partner, DreamWeaver; Flaster; and Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, discuss botanical supply chains and ways technology is helping streamline information. They cover:
- How blockchain technology is helping shape the future of supply chain management
- Why a lack of standardization of dietary ingredients poses threats for transparency
- How the TagOne@FarmtoAisle app is connecting the supply chain from farmers to processors, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
Links and resources:
- Gupta will be speaking at the SupplySide Workshop: How Blockchain & Related Technology Is Transforming the Supply Chain, on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 1:30 to 4:30pm
- This podcast was recorded at the annual conference hosted by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN). In 2018, the conference was in Dana Point, California.