According to a Pew Research Center population report released by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2016, Millennials have surpassed Baby Boomers as the nation’s largest living generation, now numbering 75.4 million in the United States, compared to 74.9 million Baby Boomers. Millennials are diverse, they wield immense spending power, and they’re said to widely differ compared to preceding generations across a number of attitudes, beliefs and behaviors. This combination of factors makes Millennials, well, influential. And for marketers and manufacturers, that makes this demographic group a worthy target.
In this episode, Rachel Adams, managing editor, and Jeff Hilton, partner and co-founder of BrandHive, discuss:
- Who Millennials are, and what makes them impactful compared to previous generations;
- The roles of transparency, authenticity, relatability and science in reaching Millennial consumers; and
- The necessity of actively and strategically marketing to Millennials.
Links and Resources:
- Marketing to Millennials: Strategies for the Health and Nutrition Industry
- Millennials, Millennials Everywhere