Products using cannabidiol (CBD) as a dietary or food ingredient are increasing in the health and nutrition market, but brands must weigh consumer interest against legal challenges, according to Josh Long, legal and regulatory editor, INSIDER. CBD isn’t a legal dietary ingredient, according to FDA and DEA, but smart industry lawyers disagree. Long discusses CBD as well as recent state regulatory matters with Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, at the 2018 SupplySide West trade show in Las Vegas. They cover:
- The federal government’s arguments to support CBD’s illegal status, and the industry’s contention of these stances.
- How CBD’s growing popularity and increased use is dependent on its continued demonstrated safety.
- How companies and industry trade organizations can improve outcomes in state legislation and litigation directed at the health and nutrition industry.
Check out other SupplySide West 2018 Trends Podcasts:
- SupplySide West podcast: Global trends impacting the supply chain
- SupplySide West podcast: Accessibility and inclusion drive innovation
- SupplySide West podcast: Sport Nutrition 2018 trends
Got feedback? Email Sandy at Sandy.Almendarez@informa.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast