If the health and nutrition industry binds together to create a cohesive message and priority list, it can achieve great strength during the new U.S. political landscape, said Jim Lassiter, chief operating officer, Ingredient Identity, during this podcast recorded at Ingredient Marketplace, April 17 to 20, in Orlando. Lassiter, who was a speaker on the show’s featured panel discussion: “NDIs, FTC and More: Navigating the Changes Posed by a New Administration,” talks with Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, about the Donald Trump administration, new dietary ingredient notifications (NDINs) and state attorneys general. They discuss:
- Funding for FDA’s enforcement of the supplement and food industries may decrease, but that doesn’t mean compliance to the law is optional.
- Plaintiffs’ attorneys and state attorneys general are filling in any watchdog vacuum left by FDA’s shifting priorities.
- The supplement industry should accept FDA’s offer to collaborate.
Update: Since the recording of this podcast, Scott Gottlieb, M.D., was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to lead FDA.
Find articles written by Lassiter on his INSIDER’s author page. And hear more highlights from Ingredient Marketplace in the Healthy INSIDER Podcast 60: Ingredient Marketplace Takeaways.
Hear more podcasts with Ingredient Marketplace speakers:
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 39: The Evolving Heart Health Market
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 40: Probiotics Oral Health, Foods & Beverages
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 41: Probiotics’ ‘Fantastic’ Sales Growth
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 44: Bacillus Probiotic for Digestive Health
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 46: Opportunities in the Functional Beverage Market
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 47: Probiotic NDI Challenges