Industry thought leaders met in New Mexico in May 2017 to discuss the next steps in genetic engineering of dietary ingredients, the new role of the healthy product retailer and what to expect from U.S. politics at the 9th annual member retreat for the United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA). In this podcast, Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, highlights the most compelling points of the retreat with Rachel Adams, managing editor, INSIDER. They also cover:
- Personalized nutrition and the role supplement brands play to empower consumers to take control of their health.
- The expected timeline for the finalization of new dietary ingredient (NDI) notification guidance.
- The pain points of naturopaths and medical doctors who try to implement functional medicine, and how supplement brands can help them while also generating revenue.
This podcast mentions presentations from:
- Aaron Bartz, president, Ortho Molecular Products
- Jim Emme, CEO, NOW Health Group
- Brian Frisby, general manager, KGK Compliance Advisors
- Loren Israelsen, president, UNPA
- Tieraona Low Dog, M.D.
- Larisa Pavlick, vice president of global and regulatory compliance, UNPA
- Rick Polito, editor in chief, Nutrition Business Journal
- Peter Reinecke, principal, Reinecke Strategic Solutions
- Jim Thomas, program director, ETC Group