1 Death, Illnesses Linked to Chinese Milk Product

December 2, 2011

1 Min Read
1 Death, Illnesses Linked to Chinese Milk Product

BEIJINGCoca-Cola has issued a statement denying any product quality issue with its Minute Maid Super Pulpy Milky fruit-flavored milk drinks after a 10-year-old boy who consumed the product died and three others were hospitalized in the northeastern Chinese province of Jilin.

Toxicology results found traces of organic phosphorous, a toxic pesticide, the two bottles that were consumed by the foursome. As reported by the Wall Street Journal, Coca-Cola tested its product line and found no other contaminated bottles. However, the company pulled all Minute Maid Pulpy Super Milky drinks from shop shelves in Changchun, and the strawberry-flavored variety from the entire province.

Subscribe and receive the latest insights on the health and nutrition industry.
Join 37,000+ members. Yes, it's completely free.

You May Also Like