Consumers are increasingly tuning into social media for advice and inspiration across a range of topics and interests, making social media an attractive opportunity for marketers trying to reach target audiences. Though opportunity is great, marketers must be considerate of potential risks—including regulatory backlash. In this SupplySide West edition of the Health INSIDER Podcast, Justin Prochnow, shareholder, Greenberg Traurig LLP, draws on FTC and FDA actions and regulations to offer guidance on legally marketing via social media.
Key points of this podcast include:
- Review of FDA and FTC regulatory requirements related to social media marketing;
- Examples of recent enforcement actions; and
- A discussion on influencers, and what companies can do to ensure they’re meeting regulatory requirements when collaborating with influencers.
Links and resources:
- Getting social: Compliant marketing via social media
- Follow FTC guidelines to help avoid trouble from endorsements
- Social media marketing: Building messaging around data, not assumptions
Got feedback? Email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast