The Natural Products Association (NPA) hosted its inaugural meeting of The Big Natural in Las Vegas, June 7-9. The event focuses on the business of the natural products industry, and dives into big picture issues impacting the industry. Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, and Rachel Adams, managing editor, discuss the top takeaways from The Big Natural, including:
- Regulations and consumer perception regarding “natural”;
- Efforts by retailers to ensure quality and safety of supplements and natural products; and
- Increased use of e-commerce by consumers and the convergence of retail channels.
Links and Resources:
- FTC Official Responds to Criticism on Dietary Supplement Advertising Substantiation
- GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Others Lead Global Initiative to Improve Supplement Safety