Chr. Hansen, a global supplier of bioscience-based ingredients to the food, health and animal feed industries, has established a scientific advisory board to further strengthen its human health business and microbiome efforts.
“In order to secure continuous and top qualified input and guidance as we explore the exciting opportunities in relation to the human microbiome and 'second generation probiotics,' we are now establishing a world-class scientific advisory board composed of a set of internationally recognized thought leaders in the field," said Christian Barker, executive vice president, health and nutrition division.
The scientific advisory board consists of:
- Eric Claassen (Chairman), professor at Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam and at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Gary D. Wu, professor of medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, United states
- Willem M. de Vos, professor of microbiology, Wageningen University, the Netherlands, and Helsinki University, Finland
- Robert J.M. Brummer, professor of gastroenterology and clinical nutrition, Nutrition-Gut-Brain Interactions Research Centre, Örebro University, Sweden
- Ruth Thieroff-Ekerdt, founder and member, Panda Consulting, Mendham, United States
The scientific advisory board will provide state-of the -art advice, support and challenge to Chr. Hansen's management team with respect to developing new probiotic products, guiding the portfolio expansion into the microbiome, clinical trials and accessing relevant networks and partners across the world. The scientific advisory board will work closely with the scientific committee of Chr. Hansen's board of directors.