When it comes to almond farming, sustainability is the name of the game. On this Natural Products INSIDER podcast, Almond Board of Caifornia associate director of trade marketing and stewardship Harbinder Maan joins ediotiral coordinator Alex Smolokoff to discuss what the Almond Board of California is, how it encourages sustainable growing practices and environmental responsibility, and what goals it has helped set for the industry at large. In this podcast, Alex and Harbinder disucss:
- What the Almond Board of California is and does, and Ms. Maan's role within it;
- The Almond Board's 2019 Culinary Trends Tour in Nashville, which both attended this year;
- How the Almond Board works with growers to practice sustainable harvesting techniques and reduce the almond industry's carbon footprint
Links and resources:
- Almond Board of California culinary trends tour – slideshow
- Almonds in Nashville: Going nuts in the Music City
Got feedback? Email Alex at [email protected], or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast.