Researcher and lecturer at Tel-Hai College in northern Israel, Offir Benjamin, Ph.D., is dedicated to the food technology space and to his students’ success. He spoke with Ginger Schlueter, assistant editor, at the Food Tech conference: Rethinking Food 2018 in Tel Aviv, Israel, about alternative dairy trends, how to reduce food waste and the use of big data to monitor food quality. Benjamin offers advice to students and brands seeking to get into the food industry. He also spoke about the Food Research Institute initiative, a EUR$67 million project, offering a platform for food innovation.
Key points of this podcast include:
- The creation of apple powder to help reduce waste.
- Alternative dairy trends, including the current use of plant proteins and possible future innovation with insects.
- Tel-Hai’s educational program, which allows student to create a ready-for-market food product by graduation.
Links and Resources:
- Check out Food Insider Journal’s article, “Global Plant Milk Market to Surpass $16 Billion by 2018,” to learn more about the alternative dairy market.
- INSIDER’s Esca Bona Supplier Hero series highlights innovative food products and brands committed to the good food movement:
Got feedback? Email Ginger Schlueter at email@example.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast