End Date: Mar 01, 2022 - 03:00 PM EST
Watch it on-demand now!
Consumers are demanding their products be more environmentally sustainable—including the packaging. Dietary supplement brands are taking the lead using less packaging, finding more environmentally-friendly materials, and exploring additional recycling opportunities—and even re-use of containers. Innovation and creativity are proving to be critical in responding to consumer demands and setting new benchmarks to follow. It's important to remember, that, in addition, as a regulated category, specific FDA requirements apply because dietary supplement containers are food contact surfaces.
Join us to hear from these experts in the field about how they are navigating the demand for sustainable packaging and practices and maintaining compliance with regulations:
- Jeff Keithline Partner, Keller & Heckman
- Nicole Flaherty Senior Manager, Sustainability and Packaging Design, Nestlé Health Science
- Annika Greve Director, Business Development, North America, Loop
- John Hewitt Vice President, Packaging Sustainability, Consumer Brands Association (CBA)
CRN's Luke Huber, ND, MBA, VP Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, will moderate.
- The intersection of new packaging materials and initiatives with FDA requirements for supplement packaging
- Developments regarding bio-based polymers, compostable and degradable polymers, as well as recycled materials
- Industry initiatives to reduce/reuse packaging, including recyclable/recycled materials and reducing packaging in the waste stream
- Policy initiatives to reduce packaging waste and develop infrastructure to handle recyclable containers
- A novel and growing program for reusable packaging
Cost: $99 for CRN members; $149 for non-members