Wellness Foods on the RiseWellness Foods on the Rise
August 8, 2006
A new report from Packaged Facts, New York, entitled "Culinary Trend Mapping Report: Focus on Health and Wellness Foods," examines the various aspects that have been driving growth of consumer foods and beverages that focus on health and wellness. Some of the ingredients that the report specifically covers include omega-3 fatty acids, nut oils, dark chocolate, pepitas (Mexican pumpkin seeds), "superfoods" like quinoa and goji berries, and cinnamon.
The report includes information on the following aspects of this growing trend:
* Where these wellness products are appearing;
* Menu trends that include wellness features;
* Where these products and/or ingredients are appearing on the foodservice side of the business--from white-tablecloth to chain restaurants;
* Activity in the retail side of the business;
* New products with wellness ingredients and/or qualities;
* The future impact of wellness foods on the industry.
"Along with the trends, we've included expert commentary from chef, dietician and nutritionist Patricia Hart, and food editor Joan Lang, both industry veterans who provide inside, professional points of view on what the wellness craze really means for the food industry," said Kimberly Egan, principal and senior director of client services, Center for Culinary Development (CCD), San Francisco. CCD collaborated with Packaged Facts to develop the report.
To view an overview of the report, see http://www.packagedfacts.com/product/display.asp?productid=1257569.
You May Also Like