State Fair of Texas Announces Fried Food FinalistsState Fair of Texas Announces Fried Food Finalists
September 1, 2011
DALLASOn Labor Day, the State Fair of Texas will announce the winners of its annual "Big Tex" Choice Awards for best fried food. For now, the following finalists were announced:
· Buffalo Chicken in a FlapjackJust like the name says, but also rolled in jalapeno bread crumbs. Then fried.
· Deep Fried Pineapple Upside Down CakePineapple rings dipped in cake batter. Then fried.
· Deep Fried Texas SalsaSalsa dipped in masa and coated with tortilla chips. Then fried.
· El BananaritoDeep-fried banana rolled in a flour tortilla.
· Fried Autumn PiePuff pastry filled with pumpkin, cream cheese and spices. Then fried.
· Fried BubblegumActually a bubblegum-flavored marshmallow dipped in batter. Then fried.
· Hans' Kraut BallSausage, sauerkraut and other things covered in bread crumbs. Then fried.
· Walking TacoGround beef, cheese, lettuce and other taco fixings served in a nacho-cheese-flavored bag.
The State Fair of Texas awards two top prizes; one for "Best Taste" and one for "Most Creative."
Last year's winner in the Best Taste category was Texas Fried FRITOS Pie. The winner for Most Creative was Fried Beer.
You May Also Like
FDA’s Dr. Califf expresses skepticism of supplement health claimsOct 04, 2023
8 ingredients and product format trends driving the shift from sports to active nutritionOct 04, 2023
Nordic fails to get “natural” suit dismissedOct 04, 2023
High prices for lavender oil lead to report on adulteration risksOct 03, 2023