Nutegrity will sponsor a symposium focused on new research regarding DPA (docosahexaenoic acid), an essential long-chain omega-3 fatty acid, on July 2 in Artipelag, Sweden. The symposium will be held in conjunction with the International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL) 2014 conference, taking place June 28-July 2 in Stockholm.
The DPA symposium will focus on increasing the understanding of the biological effects of DPA on lipid metabolism. Presenters from academia and industry will include:
- Doug Bibus, Lipid Technologies
- Andrew Sinclair, Deakin University (Chair)
- Bruce Holub, University of Guelph
- Edward A. Dennis, University of California, San Diego (Chair)
- Kaisa Linderborg, University of Turku
- Michael Ballou, Texas Tech
- Samuel Fortin, SCF Pharma
- Marina Lynch, Trinity College
Registration information for the ISSFAL Conference and the symposium can be found at www.issfal.org/2014/registration. Early bird registration ends on March 31.