LYNDHURST, N.J.Cargill and Filippo Berio have partnered in an agreement in which Cargill will be licensed to market a set of foodservice olive oil products under the Filippo Berio Culinary Selection brand.
As olive oil consumption continues to grow rapidly in the United States, this partnership enables us to provide foodservice operators with products that meet the standard of quality set forth by our founder, Filippo Berio, himself," said Massimo Saracchi, CEO of SALOV S.p.A., the owner of the Filippo Berio Olive Oil brand.
The agreement features five distinct olive oil products that meet the varying needs of foodservice operators:
- Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for use in dressings and marinades, drizzling on top of foods, dipping and sautéing.
- Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Olive Oil, suggested for shallow pan frying, sautéing, grilling, baking and roasting.
- Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Sauté & Grill Oil, a blend of 80% high-oleic canola oil and 20% extra virgin olive oil for superior performance during high-heat food preparations.
- Filippo Berio Culinary Selection All Purpose Oil, a blend of 75% conventional canola oil and 25% extra virgin oil for marinades, dressing and pizza dough.
- Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Every Day Oil, a blend of 85% conventional soybean oil and 15% olive oil, versatile for a variety of food preparations.
Todays foodservice operators need reputable sources of high-quality olive oil products," said Gonzalo Petschen, president of Cargill dressings, sauces and oils. By partnering with Filippo Berio Olive Oil, we will provide our customers with products that consistently meet the varied application and sensory requirements of their foodservice operations, delivering the performance, flavor and versatility they demand."
Earlier this month, Cargill and Branhaven LLC announced a non-exclusive agreement to license Neogen Corporation their patented BeefGen genomics tools that help beef and dairy cattle producers analyze bovine genetics to improve meat and milk production.