Royal DSM, a global science-science based company active in health, nutrition and materials, invites entrepreneurs and innovators looking for financing and partnerships to apply to participate in an engaging conference with top DSM executives to explore business collaborations and investment opportunities.
DSM is seeking entries for innovative technologies and products with both near term (<2 years to commercialization) and longer term (>2 years to commercialization) applications in the following areas of interest:
- Ingredients and fibers that modulate the human microbiome with beneficial impacts on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Disruptive formulation technologies and novel product formats for micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, poly unsaturated fatty acids, phytonutrients, dietary enzymes)
- Non-invasive diagnostics to assess levels of micronutrients in the human body
- Minimally invasive diagnostics to assess levels of micronutrients in the human body
- Novel plant based proteins
- Innovative business models and products related to personalized nutrition
This event represents a rare opportunity to present your product or technology to an organization uniquely positioned to advance it to full commercial potential. Given the anticipated high demand to attend this exclusive event, the conference shall be by invitation only.
The conference will be held on April 15 – 17, 2018 in San Francisco, California. Invitation requests, together with supporting documentation, are due on or before March 1, 2018.
The application process is free. All travel arrangements will be the responsibility of the conference attendees.
A selection committee of DSM and NCN executives will evaluate and interact with applicants to select the invited companies. Finalists will be announced by March 15, 2018 and invited to the conference to present.
Each invitee will be asked to present a 15 minute overview followed by 30 minutes of discussion with senior DSM personnel, including DSM executives from R&D, Innovation, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory and Venturing. Presenting companies will be assigned mentors from Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) and DSM to help develop their presentation prior to the conference. Post-event mentoring will be available on a case by case basis and all selected candidates will be considered for an investment by DSM Venturing or for another type of collaboration with DSM.
The Conference will include engaging presentations from senior DSM executives on how DSM collaborates with entrepreneurs at all stages of the supply chain, works to co-develop products and invests in startups with innovative human health and nutrition solutions.