Natural Products Expo West, with its 88,000 attendees in 2019, is the place to find trending and notable finished products in the U.S. health and nutrition marketplace. In this podcast, Heather Granato, vice president of content, Informa Exhibitions, and Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, Natural Products INSIDER, cover the top trends they saw on the expo hall show floor, in education sessions and during networking events. They cover:
- Plant-based protein is still hot, but smart brands are using ethically produced animal-based products to reclaim some of the protein space.
- Digestive health products that feature prebiotics, synbiotics, probiotics and postbiotics.
- Coconut used for its flavor, fat and recovery properties, as well as the growth of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.
- Mission-based companies using their products and Expo West to promote causes they care about.
- Packaging concerns that plague an industry that must supply safe products, but also wants to reduce waste.
Granato’s favorite fun product: Shottys, kosher, gluten-free, gelatin party shots make with premium vodka in recyclable, BPA-free cups.
Got feedback? Email Sandy at Sandy.Almendarez@informa.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast