A host of botanical ingredients offer potential benefits, whether in humans or animals. Cheryl Myers, chief of scientific affairs and education at EuroPharma, found a way to integrate her knowledge as a registered nurse with the wellness resources available through natural products. Myers’ “smorgasbord” approach calls for using the right tools for the right job.
In this podcast, Myers joins Karen Butler, Informa senior editor, in discussing:
• How someone in the medical field moved to a position of integrative health care to allow natural products in the mix
• The use of phytocannabinoids from a species of echinacea as a calming ingredient for canines
• Other hero plant-based ingredients being used in animal nutrition products for issues such as bladder control
• Benefits and potential applications for Ayurvedic ingredients such as boswellia, curcumin and andrographis
• Combination approaches in formulation
• EuroPharma’s Calming Formula from its Terry Naturally brand taking the win in the Animal Nutrition category for the 2018 SupplySide CPG Editor’s Choice Awards
Butler can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.