The consumer demand for plant-based proteins has inspired Cactus Botanics to launch two vegetal proteins – Pumpkin Protein Powder and Hemp Protein Powder.
“When keeping fit, protein powder is the popular choice for people to help recover strength and build up muscles to promote a leaner, more effective body mass,” observes Carol Cheow, CEO of Cactus Botanics.
She adds that in both brick-and-mortar and internet retail, it is common to find whey proteins and soybean proteins, the two leading protein powders. “However, whey protein is not suitable for vegans, Cheow explains. “Additionally, whey may cause indigestion, abdominal distention, or lactose allergy in people with sensitivity issues. Meanwhile, soybean protein is suitable for vegans, but it is also a common allergen and can also cause indigestion and flatulence. Additionally, soy contains phytoestrogens – genistein and daidzein – which men may want to stay away from.”
Vegetable proteins such as those from pumpkin and hemp are abundant in amino acids, as well as antioxidants and are more easily absorbed than animal-based proteins, according to Cheow, who notes that some studies have suggested vegetable proteins support healthy blood pressure and cholesterol profiles.
Cactus Botanics’ Pumpkin Protein Powder:
- Supports serotonin production (tryptophan)
- Naturally supports balanced, healthy mood
- Plays key roles in enzyme reactions and muscle growth due to its naturally occurring magnesium and zinc.
- Supports recovery of impaired tissues and cells
- Offers an attractive macro-nutrient profile (monounsaturated fat, carbohydrate and fiber).
Cactus Botanics’ Hemp Protein Powder:
- Is a hypoallergenic protein, suitable for people who are allergic to egg, milk, gluten and soy.
- Is rich in heart-healthy omega-3 EFAs, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Promotes muscle growth and recovery
- Supports thermogenesis and slows catabolism
- Is easily digested and absorbed.
Cheow adds that Cactus Botanics can supply organic and non-organic options for Protein Pumpkin Powder and Hemp Protein Powder.