Pea protein ingredient launches flourished at SupplySide West 2018, with suppliers offering enhanced options that address pea’s earthy flavor and gritty texture. Judie Bizzozero, senior editor, INSIDER, talks about companies such as Axiom Foods, Danisco, TIC Gums, Ingredion and more that showcased new pea protein ingredients. Bizzozero and Sandy Almendarez, editor in chief, INSIDER, also discuss other trends in the food and beverage space, including:
- Stevia’s advancements to help reduce sugar and artificial sweeteners in CPGs while also keeping the sweet taste.
- Plant-based “dairy” alternatives and how the power of vegan products is reshaping the dairy category.
- The emergence of collagen and bone broth for applications outside of sports nutrition.
Check out other SupplySide West 2018 Trends Podcasts:
- SupplySide West podcast: Global trends impacting the supply chain
- SupplySide West podcast: Accessibility and inclusion drive innovation
- SupplySide West podcast: Sport Nutrition 2018 trends
- SupplySide West Podcast: CBD and state lawmakers dominate 2018 legal trends
Got feedback? Email Sandy at Sandy.Almendarez@informa.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast