Wars, economic recoveries, summertime remembrances and more influence trending food flavors even if consumers don’t immediately recognize all the things that draw them to particular taste. However, consumers do recognize that they want natural flavors, so brands must notice the big and small things that fuel the flavors in their products. In this podcast, Adrienne Smith, senior food business reporter, Natural Food Merchandizer and New Hope Network, discusses the trends in natural flavors she noticed at SupplySide West with Sandy Almendarez, content director, Informa Markets. They also cover:
- Learning about the raw materials and supply chains that fuel finished food brands.
- The importance of working with the right co-packer to ensure foods are safe, healthy and fit all desired attributes
- The science behind formulating foods to ensure flavors and colors meet consumer demand.
Check out other SupplySide West 2019 Trends Podcasts:
- SupplySide West trends: Plant-based eating, sugar reduction and other food trends - podcast
- SupplySide West Trends: ‘More health for more people’ beyond nutrition – podcast
- SupplySide West trends: Cognitive Rises, Rapinoe goes CBD and transparency beckons – podcast
- SupplySide West trends: Gut microbiome, cognitive health, fruit – podcast
- SupplySide West trends: Collagen, natural colors, getting through the day – podcast
- SupplySide West trends: Capsule innovation and formulation for e-sports and gamers – podcast