The 2019 IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo showcased the latest market trends and ingredients for food and beverage product development, including alternative sweeteners, plant-based proteins, dairy and meat alternatives, flavors and colors, and the increased attention to sustainability in the supply chain. In this podcast, Informa editors Heather Granato, vice president of content; Sandy Almendarez, director of content; and Judie Bizzozero, senior editor, food and beverage, discuss the trends on display IFT19. They cover:
- The continued rise in plant-based food and beverage innovation
- Clean label becoming mainstream
- Sweetener systems for sugar reduction and functionality
- Trending flavors and colors
- Sustainability and supply chain transparency
- Functional ingredients targeting health conditions such as immunity, digestive health, heart health and more.
Got feedback? Email Judie at email@example.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast.