Innovative companies populate the healthy food space, all of whom are seeking ways to increase their reach while delivering great taste to consumers. Unfortunately, this crowded industry is tough on entrepreneurs, who are seeking both funds and business guidance to stand out and succeed long term. To address the challenge, Mars Inc. recently launched its Seeds of Change Accelerator, and is seeking six U.S. and four Australian companies for its first cohort, with an application deadline of May 31. Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Gary Arora, head of accelerator and global lead, launchpad, about the company’s mission and values, and why now is the right time to support next-gen businesses.
Key points of this podcast include:
- Mars Foods’ values and its alignment with the Seeds of Change accelerator.
- How emerging technologies and experiential offerings are among the unique selling points that will help prospective applicants rise to the top.
- The types of mentors—both internal and external—that will offer guidance during a four-month mentorship program.
Got feedback? Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast.
Links and Resources:
- Insights about the genesis of the accelerator program, and specifics about how companies can apply.
- Nutrition Capital Network’s (NCN) Deal Download outlines some of the 942 transactions in 2018, and where transaction activity is the strongest.