Good health starts in the gut. Beyond digestive health benefits, we know that a vigorous microbiome is critical for overall wellbeing. Consumers are connecting with the benefits that probiotics offer, but they want to consume them through various delivery formats. For brands wanting to deliver on this demand, this can be particularly challenging. Producing efficacious products within multiple applications requires research backed specialty knowledge. DuPont's HOWARU probiotics solutions offers single strains or pre-formulated blends, all validated by gold-standard clinical trials, for a wide breadth of applications, including supplements, foods, and beverages.
Listen in today and learn about:
- Trends in the probiotics market.
- Special considerations for food and beverage applications.
- Specific considerations a company should consider when formulating a new probiotic product, whether it is a dietary supplement or a food or beverage item.
- Understanding water activity in a probiotics products.
- Manufacturing, processing, shipping, and storage considerations.
- How to get started with a product formulation plan.
About our speaker:
Lori Lathrop Stern, PhD RD LDN, science liaison, DuPont
Dr. Lori Lathrop Stern is the Science Liaison in the Nutrition & Biosciences Division of DuPont Danisco where she is part of the R&D team in Probiotics and plays a critical role in the translation of the science behind probiotics. Lori obtained a bachelor’s degree in Dietetics at Purdue University and is a Registered Dietitian. She completed her PhD in Human Nutrition at Tufts conducting her thesis work at the Jean Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging.
"There is a big push in the industry to validate how a probiotic is labeled. That's particularly important when a formulator is selecting the strain...The reason it's important is because this is how a consumer can tell if the probiotic has been clinically studied." – Lori Lathrop Stern, science liaison, DuPont
More information on DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences can be found at SupplySide Connect