Interest in the microbiome and its impact on health continues to grow among both researchers and consumers. In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Jennifer Cooper, chief scientific officer, Savant Science, reviews how emerging science is revealing the microbiome’s role in cognitive health. Cooper will present at SupplySide West during the “Supporting the Cycle: Solutions to Manage Stress and Improve Sleep” session on Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 1:30 p.m.
Key points of this podcast include:
- The microbiome and how it impacts the human physiology is an emerging and important area of study.
- The microbiota in the gut make over 30 neurotransmitters that are identical to those made by the brain.
- More than 80% of an individual’s microbiome is unique compared to others.
Links and resources:
- Supporting the Cycle: Solutions to Manage Stress and Improve Sleep
- Strategies to support sleep quality – podcast
Got feedback? Email Sandy Almendarez at email@example.com, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast