Claims—both emotional claims such as “all natural” and health claims—help brands engage with consumers, while third-party certifications help brands build trust with consumers. In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Jeff Hilton, co-founder of BrandHive, talks about the value of claims and certifications to brands and offers tips on how brands can effectively incorporate certifications without causing “certification fatigue.” Hilton will be presenting at SupplySide West in Las Vegas during the “Claims & Certifications: What Do They Mean and Who Cares?” session on Thursday, Oct. 17 at 9 a.m.
Key points of this podcast include:
- Third-party certifications lend authenticity to brands by reinforcing “a voice of transparency.”
- Claims serve as tools to engage consumers, but certifications build trust with consumers.
- “Certification fatigue” is caused by overwhelming consumers with numerous certifications.
Links and resources:
- Claims & Certifications: What Do They Mean and Who Cares?
- The impact of third-party certifications on shopping behaviors – podcast
Got feedback? Email Sandy Almendarez at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast