Diversity and inclusion have become hot topics in business circles, with companies evaluating their internal policies and procedures, even as employees and customers demand more accountability for results. Zoe Feldman, director of the Chobani Incubator, forged her own path through traditional-thinking venture capital firms to now guide the company’s incubator program. From the top down, Chobani is invested in its people and developing an inclusive workplace; its Spring 2019 incubator class reflects this commitment, offering opportunities to unique ventures seeking to break out of the mold.
In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Feldman offers her inside take on how individuals can move the needle on diversity and inclusion issues—affecting their own lives, their companies and the industry at large. She will be presenting at SupplySide West in Las Vegas as part of the “Diversity & Inclusion: Good Business for All” session on Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 1:30 p.m.
In this podcast, Feldman and Informa’s Heather Granato discuss:
- How changing demographics among consumers and in the workforce make the need for companies to focus on diversity and inclusion critical for business success.
- The changing face of diversity and inclusion—from women in leadership to LGBTQ+ issues and addressing racial and economic inequality—and addressing unconscious bias.
- What steps individuals can take to positively impact change in their own organizations, offering more people a seat at the table.
Got feedback? Email Heather at email@example.com or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast
Links and Resources:
- Get registered for SupplySide West and the three-hour workshop: Diversity & Inclusion: Good Business for All.
- Attending SupplySide West? Mark your calendar for the LGBTQ+ Allies Networking Reception, taking place Thursday, Oct. 17, at 5:30 p.m., to benefit The Trevor Project.
- Seeking more insights around how companies can develop a culture where everyone feels heard? Check out the SupplySide West podcast: Diversity without inclusion is meaningless.
- Changes in demographics mean companies need new ways to support leaders of different generations. This infographic offers tips for brands to empower their workforce to foster business success and growth.