For many brands, Amazon is the 800-pound gorilla—a channel that could boost your product to great consumer success, or prove a distraction that pulls attention from established distribution. What it can’t be is ignored. In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Chris Rawlings, founder of Sophie Society (formerly Judolaunch), discusses how to take advantage of the real estate that is your Amazon product listing. Understand the impact that images, descriptions, SEO and reviews have on brand success is the first step toward achieving it. Chris will be presenting at SupplySide West in Las Vegas on the SupplySide Central Stage; his talk, “Formulas for the Perfect Product Listing on Amazon,” takes place Friday, Oct. 18, at 10:30 a.m.
In this podcast, Rawlings and Informa’s Heather Granato discuss:
• The unique requirements to keep in mind when writing copy for Amazon listings and how it differs from straight marketing and packaging copy.
• Differences between reviews and seller feedback, and the best ways to engage with customers, even utilizing tech solutions to ease the process.
• Ways to avoid counterfeit competition and protect your brand.
Got feedback? Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERpodcast
Links and Resources:
• Get registered for SupplySide West and make plans to see Chris Rawlings speak at SupplySide Central on Friday, Oct. 18, at 10:30 a.m.
• Product reviews are a great sales tool—and a way to attract FTC attention. Get some insights on lessons learned in the INSIDER Law post from Josh Long: FTC said supplement marketer paid for fake reviews on Amazon
• Looking for more on optimizing SEO for your brand? New Hope Network offers What’s the difference between Amazon SEO and Google SEO?
Feature photo credit: Evan Lorne / Shutterstock.com