Gen X may be the “sandwich generation” in more ways than one. Not only is this generation of 65 million people bookended by 75 million Boomers and 79 million Millennials, but they’re also the ones taking care of both aging parents and high-demand children. In the lead-in to SupplySide West, Heather Granato, vice president of content, spoke with Aljolynn Sperber, managing director at Marketing Maven PR (marketingmaven.com), about the opportunities for marketers to reach this health-conscious demographic. Also discussed—effective communication techniques to overcome the age group’s natural skepticism and address their desire for transparency.
Key points of this podcast include:
• The advantages to marketers of honing in on a smaller demo, with specific health interests
• Behavioral drivers to understand when developing messaging for Gen Xers, including their brand loyalty and interest in discounting
• Best practices when selecting communication channels and strategies to optimize reach
Links and Resources:
- Understanding the health issues of different demographics is key to developing effective communication strategies. Learn more on this topic in INSIDER’s Age-related nutrition digital magazine
- Aljolynn Sperber will be speaking at the workshop “Generational Marketing to the Health-Conscious Masses,” set for Nov. 10 at SupplySide West.