Yadim Medore, CEO and founder of Pure Branding, divulges findings of a recent study on transparency, including what it means to consumers and brand owners. Medore presented at United Natural Products Alliance’s (UNPA) annual retreat in May in Charleston. Key points of the discussion include:
- Consumers who greatly value transparency shop in mainstream and natural channels;
- Desire for and awareness of transparency has increased over the last five years; and
- High “transparents” are less interested in safety and science and more interested in issues such as factory conditions, environment, labor and growing conditions and third-party certifications.
Links and resources:
- The ROI of Transparency: Vitamin & Supplement Edition
- Transparency in the marketplace – slide show
- Marketing supply chain transparency – podcast