Rachel Adams, managing editor, and Jeff Crowther, executive director of the U.S.-China Health Products Association, discuss key factors driving growth of the dietary supplements market in China, including a push from the Chinese government toward preventative health care and growing interest in sports and exercise among Chinese consumers. This podcast was recorded at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California, March 7-11.
In this podcast, Crowther and Adams discuss:
- The impact of a push by the Chinese government toward preventative health care for the population;
- Increased interest in sports nutrition; and
- The role of social media in driving athletics and sports nutrition.
Links and Resources:
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast: Impact of Social Media, Technology on Chinese Commerce
- Healthy INSIDER Podcast 54: E-commerce Drives Supplement Market in China
- Video: Preparing for Chinas Nutritional Supplement Regulations to Take Effect in 2015
- China Adopts Proposed Notification System for Nutritional Supplements