Consumers are seeking food products to offer support for key areas of health such as heart health, cognitive development and more. As such, consumers trends are impacting innovation within the market for functional foods fortified with eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) omega-3s. In this episode, Rachel Adams, managing editor, and Stephanie Mattucci, global food science analyst at Mintel, discuss:
- Which food categories are seeing innovation with omega-3 fortification;
- Consumers trends driving innovation in the omega-3 functional food market, including increased interest in personalized nutrition; and
- Increases in vegan and vegetarian claims for omega-3 functional food products.
Learn more about the market for omega-3 functional foods from Mattucci at the GOED Exchange 2018, Feb. 6 to 8, in Seattle.
Links and Resources:
- GOED Exchange 2018
- SupplySide West Podcast 75: Omega-3 Market’s Decade of Growth
- Omega-3s Continue Gaining Ground