The global beverage market is expected to exceed US$1.9 trillion by 2021; however, rising demand for convenience beverages among health-conscious consumers is driving growth in the $94 billion functional beverage category. Brands have adapted to the new norm of clean label ingredients and are now disrupting the beverage aisle with innovative drinks that not only taste good but also deliver on efficacious doses of ingredients. Key to success is finding market opportunities and delivering on consumer expectations.
In this SupplySide West edition of the Healthy INSIDER Podcast, Judie Bizzozero, senior editor, Natural Products INSIDER, and Jim Tonkin, president and founder of Healthy Brand Builders, discuss:
- Market drivers and opportunities in the functional beverage market.
- How brands are adapting to the new norm of clean label ingredients in functional beverages.
- Trending ingredients such as botanicals, herbs and spices that add functionality.
- How brands deliver on taste and efficacious doses of ingredients
- Examples of brands that are creating disruption in the functional beverage space.
Links and resources:
- SupplySide West Workshop: How to Create Disruption in the Beverage Aisle? taking place on Wednesday, Oct. 16, 1:30-4:30 p.m., at SupplySide West in Las Vegas.
- The future of functional beverages
- Clean label food and beverages go mainstream
- Sustainability top of mind for beverage consumers
- Are you winning in the functional food and beverage game?
Got feedback? Email Judie at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet to @NatProdINSIDER using the hashtag #INSIDERPodcast